Questions to ask your wedding photographer and one question to ask yourself.
How valuable will their services be to me on the day of my wedding and potentially after my wedding?
Being a wedding photographer has given me the opportunity to get to know so many awesome couples AND their biggest dreams for one of their most important days of their life. I get to call those awesome people my clients and capture those moments for them to treasure for a lifetime! It is really important that your wedding photographer and you mesh well together and see eye to eye on the vision. So often I have couples wanting me to shoot their night weddings but our styles do not match. It is a huge honor to shoot a wedding and I wouldn’t want to ruin potentially the greatest day of your life because I couldn’t provide what you desired to have. Since you are making a great monetary investment into your photographer you need to know if they provide the services you wish to have.
Here is a list of questions to ask your wedding photographer to see if they are a perfect fit for your own special day.
- Are you available on our wedding date?
- Do you shoot destination weddings?
- Do you shoot elopements?
- What is your photo style?
- Do you shoot digital?
- Do you shoot film?
- Do you shoot in natural light?
- We want candid’s and the light and airy style of photography, do you offer that?
- Our ceremony is outside and our reception is inside; do you shoot with flash indoors?
- Does our ceremony start time allow for family formals, wedding party and bride and groom formals to be done in natural light?
- Our ceremony start time is closer to sunset do you capture FIRST LOOKS?
- We would like two photographers; do you work with an assistant photographer?
- Do they shoot the same style of photography as you?
- Do you work with a shot list?
- What is your editing style?
- Do you offer fine art prints?
- Do you offer a private online gallery?
- How long does it take to get our photos back?
- Do we get to keep the digital images?
- Do we have the copyright to the images?
- Do we have the print release?
- Do we have to sign a Contract?
- How many hours are included in your base package?
- What is your favorite part of a wedding day?
- What is your favorite time of the year to shoot a wedding?
- Do you accommodate for the disabled?
- Do you have a backup camera?
- What is your payment structure?
- Are you available to meet within this month?
Hopefully, while on your photographer search these questions will make it simple to pick out the best wedding photographer for your BIG day!
If you wish to have me answer any of these questions you can contact me here: [contact-form to=’email@example.com’][contact-field label=’First/Last Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Questions’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]